Monday, January 28, 2008

Pictures taken yesterday!

That sets a personal record. I generally let pictures age before scrapping them -- 2-4 years at a minimum is typical. But the girls were cute yesterday and I got some good shots, so it called for a page. I even printed the pictures the day I took them.

Striped paper is from that same Rob and Bob pack that I've been using and all the other stuff on this page is from Doodlebug. The flower is from a Halloween pack, but it went with my journaling strips. After I'd cut them and written on them, I realized I would have liked them thinner, but there was no way I could fit them through my rotary trimmer, so I left them a little thick. Better thick than crookedly cut. Oh, and the design is an honest to goodness scraplift from page 105 of February's Scrapbooks Etc. That's another first for me. I have never copied directly like that before.

BTW, my hat is off to everyone who uses their Sizzix letters. I picked the machine and a couple of alphabets up while on vacation because they were on dirt cheap clearance and I've always adored Fruit Smoothie. This was my second time using the Sidekick for a title. I suppose I could have gone faster if I hadn't been using as little paper as possible, but I didn't want to waste my glittery cardstock. I think it took about 45 minutes to cut those two words and I ultimately gave up on dotting the I's because the dots stuck to my fingers so badly. So I salute all of the Sizzix users in the scrapverse because you are much more patient than I.

1 comment:

tz said...

wow, lots accomplished! love the pages...i'm sure i sounding like a broken record...

yes, we do need to meet for a sanity lunch...i'm there thur and fri...but can go down there anytime and meet you...but not next week...i have my OR observation which means i only have wed of next week to study...