Sunday, January 13, 2008

No Gingerbread pages yet

I want to make a busy double page spread about building a gingerbread house and I am trying to fit in good pictures of all 5 people involved. Oh, and I want to add some embellishments (since I have billions, but don't use them much) and some patterned paper so it's not too boring. I had the great idea to use tan cardstock, ink the edges with darker brown and run baby rickrack along for a cute gingerbread border. But the only baby rickrack I have in the sewing room is pink and my little offbrand scissors that would cut that design have a blade that's less than 2 inches long. So I'm waiting until tomorrow at least when I can hit the store and pick up some white rickrack. And then I'm sure I'll solve all my design difficulties. Ri-ight.

Moving along, I decided to pick up this page and give it a shot. Some people in the class have been posting half of a two page spread per day to eke out the required postings. I am sorry to say that I think I have fallen into this camp now. Tonight's page was designed as half a spread. But I think I want to add some journaling to the other half, so maybe it's not quite such a shady proposition.



I am feeling kind of smug because I have used ancient Making Memories definitions for the page as well as Provo Craft Slab papers. The cute little leaves are from Close To My Heart. I am always happy when I can use up some of my old goodies.

No comments: